Monday, December 09, 2013

A Favorite Tradition: Christmas Crackers Craft

image45-1024x768

Hello again! It's Tearsa from Living In Color Mom. Here is another Christmas craft you will love! If you didn't get a chance to see my Christmas mugs, click HERE 

imageI spent most of my childhood living in the beautiful village of Tanworth-In-Arden just outside of Birmingham, England. Minus the lack of snow, Christmas was such a magical time of the year in England. We picked up a handful of traditions in the six years we lived there.

One of my favorite traditions is pulling Christmas Crackers during our Christmas Eve dinner. One year we didn't have Christmas Crackers, so my sister and I decided to make them just hours before. We scraped together any random items we could find around the house: paperclip necklaces, pennies, fingernail clippers, crayons, rubber bands, happy meal toys. We were so proud of ourselves!

Now that I'm older, I don't scavenge through couches and cabinets for random 'junk' to fill the Crackers with. Not only are these a fun dinner activity, but you can also add a gift tag and use them as place cards! (I love a good 'two-fer'!)

FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS CRACKERS, CLICK HERE .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!