Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Card Tree



I have been taping Christmas cards that I receive to the back of my front door for years and years. This year I wanted a new idea to display cards from family and friends. I found this tree idea on Pinterest, and thought it looked simple and easy. It was even MORE simple and easy than I had imagined!

Supplies needed:
Spray paint
Jar for base
Marbles or something to fill base
Tree branch
String for hanging cards
Ribbon for base

Instructions:
  1. At home improvement store (I went to Lowe's because it's close to my house), purchase spray paint of your choosing (I bought one can of white, which cost me 99 cents, but if you want to spend more they have glitter, gold, and all other colors), round ornaments to hang in between cards, and marbles or other filler objects for the base.
  2. Cut a branch off of a tree in your yard. I did this with a simple hand saw. 
  3. Spray paint the entire branch. Wait for it to dry. (Mine took 20 minutes.) Apply another coat if wanted, but I didn't.
  4. Add tree to base, and pour in marbles or other filler items to hold tree upright. I also put in a few silver ornament balls.
  5. Tie a bow around the base.
  6. Punch a hole in the top corner of your cards, and hang with string. I used simple white thread. You could also paint clothes pins to use, but I like the hanging effect that string provides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!