Monday, September 30, 2013

REVIEW: Vivesque at Brick Canvas

2013-09-17 11.34.42

As part of my series of reviews for Brick Canvas at Thanksgiving Point, I got to experience a manicure, pedicure, haircut and color at Vivesque.

I could go on and on about how great my experience was at Vivesque! This was like no other salon I had been to before, and there are so many things that I enjoyed. From the minute you walk in, you are greeted by a friendly receptionist and asked what you would like to drink and are made to feel comfortable and welcome.

Instead of rambling on and on about how fabulous they are, I have broken it down into sections of specific things that I took notice of that has turned me from a reviewer to an actual customer. My manicure and pedicure was done by Heather, and my haircut and color was by Rachel, both darling and friendly!

Personalized booking for services
When I called to schedule my appointment, instead of just looking at the schedule to see which stylist had an opening, they asked me questions about my hair, and what kind of problems I deal with, as well as what I was hoping to have done. Because I have naturally curly hair, they booked me with Rachel, who also has naturally curly hair. Having a stylists that deals with their own curly hair every day made me feel much more at ease about getting a haircut. I can’t tell you how many stylists I have been to that claim to know curly hair, but in reality have no idea the ins and outs of dealing with curly hair. Rachel was great and knew exactly what I go through every day with my hair.

Beautiful atmosphere
Vivesque definitely doesn’t feel like one of those loud, factory-type salons. It is very relaxing, and is so beautifully decorated that you feel you are sitting in the salon of a fancy resort getaway.

Treats and drinks
While you are having services done at Vivesque, they walk around to make sure your water is filled up, and offer you frozen grapes and chocolate covered almonds. It’s one of those extra things that Vivesque does to make every client feel like a VIP.

The staff’s great attitude and concern toward their clients
While having my manicure done by Heather, the receptionist informed her that one of her appointments had to cancel due to sickness. At other salons I have been to, annoyance at a last-minute cancelations is usually the vibe I get; not from Heather. She seemed genuinely concerned that her client was sick, and told the receptionist to send her get well wishes. It was great to see them care about the person and not just the appointment. Not once did I hear any of the staff say a bad word about anybody or anything the entire time I was there.

Non-awkward conversation
Sometimes at salons, the conversation seems forced and like it’s something they “have to do” instead of something they “want to do”. At Vivesque, the entire staff was chatty and friendly, without forced conversation. It reminded me of a scene from the movie Steel Magnolias starring Julia Roberts where they are all sitting in the salon, chatting it up like good friends do. One of the customers was there celebrating her birthday, and the entire staff wished her a happy birthday and made her feel comfortable.

The staff all seems to get along
At Vivesque, I noticed how well the staff members got along with each other. There was no talking about other staff members when they walked out of the room, like I have seen happen at other salons. When I told Heather that I was booked with Rachel for a hair appointment after my mani/pedi, she only had positive things to say about her, and vice versa.

Discussion before haircut
Before cutting my hair, Rachel talked to me for about 5-10 minutes about my hair concerns, what I like about my hair, and what I want to change about my hair. She could definitely relate to my naturally curly hair issues, and gave me tips and pointers on what she could do and products she could recommend. For the color, she brought out samples to look through, and compare them to my complexion and what I already had in my hair. She listened to what I wanted, made suggestions, and we came up with an agreeable plan of action. My haircut and color turned out great, and I am glad to say I will be making her my permanent hair stylist!

Scalp and facial massage with every hair service
When it came time to wash out my hair, Rachel put me in the hands of Mary, who took me into a relaxing room to have my hair washed out. Every haircut and color also comes with a scalp and facial massage. This is just one of those things that Vivesque does extra that sets them apart from other salons.

Lunch delivery
Because I had a handful of services done in one day, I was there from 10am to 3pm. Before leaving my house, I was going to throw some peanut butter crackers into my purse to snack on until I could grab a bite to eat on the way home. Of course I was in a rush to get out the door that morning, and forgot to grab the crackers, and was concerned about getting too hungry during the day. Around noon, while having my hair done, Rachel informed me that they had order forms for Café Fraiche downstairs, and they would have it delivered to me to eat while having my hair done.  I ordered the smoked turkey sandwich, and it was one of the best sandwiches I have ever had! They even make their own potato chips, which are equally delicious. I was able to enjoy my services more than if I had to sit there with a growling belly.

Notes kept on file
Everything that we discussed, and every product that was used, Rachel made a note of to keep on file to reference back to at a future appointment.

Umbrella service in bad weather
After having your hair done, the last thing you want to do is walk outside into the pouring rain and ruin what you just spend time having done. If the weather is bad when you are finished with your hair, they will walk you out to your vehicle with an umbrella. I was very impressed with this, and have not seen this at any other salon.

vivesque

Connect with Vivesque:

Vivesque is located inside Brick Canvas at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi.

Read more of my reviews about Brick Canvas.

I was provided with a complimentary manicure, pedicure, haircut and color at Vivesque to write my review. I was not compensated financially for my time or review, nor was I required or persuaded to write any specific type of review. The opinions and views expressed in this review are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!