Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Message From The Land of Everley:


Greetings from the land of Everley! It’s me, Sonrisa, and I can’t wait to meet you all at this year’s Princess Festival! I don’t know if this will be your first Princess Festival, but it is my first as the star! I am a little bit nervous, but I am also so excited to meet you and so many other new friends! 

The festival is coming soon, but there is something I had to tell you about, and I just couldn’t wait until the festival to do it. Have you already heard of something called Quizzledust?  If not, Quizzledust is the magic dust that is in a Hobbyduke’s Quizzle rod. It is said to hold many great and magical powers for changing people’s lives! Being the curious princess that I am, I asked my Hobbyduke—Don Carlos what Quizzledust was made of. Of course he rattled off a long list of plant ingredients until I almost fell asleep, but then he said something that really caught my attention. He said that along with all of these other ingredients, there are some secret ingredients that nobody knows about! He asked me what I thought the secret ingredients might be, but I didn’t know. 

I couldn’t stop thinking about it, so I went for a walk near the falls yesterday to think about it more. That’s when I saw a young princess surrounded by a group of tiny birds who were singing and chirping as they hopped around her feet pecking at the ground. As I got closer, I saw that she was tossing out small handfuls of birdseed for them to eat. I introduced myself to her and asked her what she was doing. She smiled and said, “I’m giving love to these little birds who have lost their mother. I come here each day to make sure they get their lunch, and we sing a song together.” Her face was beaming, and my heart leaped in my chest when she smiled at me. I looked at the little birds again and noticed their joy as they flitted around her feet gladly gobbling up all of the birdseed and love that she was sharing with them. It was a magical moment, and suddenly it hit me!

The Quizzledust! I knew what one of the secret ingredients must be…birdseed! I ran back home to tell Don Carlos what I saw and what I thought about the birdseed being in the Quizzledust. He loved my story and added that perhaps in addition to the birdseed, there might be some love in the Quizzledust as well. I told him, “No, the love came from the little princess. That’s something that is inside of  PEOPLE (not Quizzledust.)”

So, I am curious! What do YOU think one of the secret ingredients of Quizzle dust might be?

See you at the Princess Festival! I can’t wait to meet you!

With love and birdseed,

Princess Sonrisa    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!