Tuesday, August 27, 2013

REVIEW: Chiropractic Services by Dr. Nate Roberts

65661_181380302018230_458660825_n
Capture
Yesterday I had my first experience with a chiropractor, and it was much more pleasant than I thought it was going to be!

When most people think of a chiropractor, they think of back and spine issues. Chiropractic services can be defined as “a health care profession that focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system, and the effects of these disorders on general health.”

I suffer from a hiatial hernia, which is a disorder of my upper stomach. My stomach is up too high into my esophagus, which causes me to have severe acid reflux. There are surgical options for this, but after consulting a physician of the side effects from the surgery, I have decided it’s better to “just live with it.”


I recently heard that chiropractors have a special technique for treating hiatial hernias, so I decided to try it out for myself.

Dr. Nate Roberts is located at 7669 So. Redwood Rd. in West Jordan. When I arrived at the office, the receptionist was warm and welcoming, and walked me through checking in and the paperwork I needed to fill out. While they do work with some insurance companies, the visits are fairly inexpensive and affordable. Most follow-up visits are similar to what you would pay for an insurance co-pay. You can call his office at (801) 566-2465 to receive a price quote.

Dr. Roberts greeted me, and led me into a consultation room where we discussed any concerns I had, and how the certain procedures work. He was very friendly, and gave me a general overview of what a chiropractor is, and other services that he can offer, such as:
  • Nutritional Support (I was surprised by this one! I wasn’t aware that chiropractors provide this!)
  • Pregnancy
  • Pediatrics
  • Sports Injury
  • Personal Injury
  • General Wellness
When led into the procedure room, he let me know everything to expect and what he was going to do. He told me ahead of time that the procedure for a hiatial hernia wasn’t a very pleasant one, but I decided to try it anyway. It was fairly easy, and only required breathing in and out on my part.
Dr. Roberts also showed me techniques I could do on my own at home to help with my hiatial hernia. I usually take a handful of Tums before bedtime, and get up in the middle of the night to take more. Last night I didn’t take any Tums before bedtime, and even lasted all night long without having to get up and take some.

I am excited that I have found a way to treat my hiatial hernia without surgery and without taking handfuls of medication, and will definitely be calling Dr. Nate Roberts with any further chiropractic services I may need!

About Dr. Nate Roberts:
Dr. Roberts graduated in 2009 from the University of Utah, receiving a Bachelors degree in biology. He received his doctorate degree, magna sum laude honors, from Los Angeles College of Chiropractic (LACC) in April, 2013. He also received the Clinical Excellence Award for being the top of his class in diagnosis, treatment and patient care.

Dr. Roberts has focused his clinical experience in sports chiropractics and prenatal care. He is experienced in sports care chiropractics, having worked at the sports residency clinic at LACC, AIDS lifecycle bike ride, Surf City marathon and with various high school football and volleyball programs. He worked alongside chiropractor Dr. Elliot Berlin of the Berlin Wellness Clinic in California, providing both prenatal and postnatal chiropractic care.

Dr. Roberts was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. He enjoys hiking, golfing and being with his family. He and his wife, Jordan, welcomed their first baby girl, Reese, last August.

Connect with Dr. Roberts:
  • Facebook
  • Dr. Nate Roberts
    7669 S. Redwood Road
    West Jordan, UT 84084
    801-566-2465
I was provided with one free visit to Dr. Nate Roberts, DC. I was not compensated for my review, nor was I required or persuaded to write any specific type of review. The views and opinions expressed in this review are all my own.



7 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about Dr. Roberts. For me I just felt more comfortable going to a female chiropractor because I was pregnant and I needed a prenatal chiropractor. I found a doctor that offered prenatal chiropractic Utah services. I went to my other chiropractor and things worked out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about Dr. Roberts. For me I just felt more comfortable going to a female chiropractor because I was pregnant and I needed a prenatal chiropractor. I found a doctor that offered prenatal chiropractic Utah services. I went to my other chiropractor and things worked out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I started going to a chiropractor in Brampton I felt so much better. I used to ache all the time and it made falling asleep difficult, leading to even more aches, but that's all in the past now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. does chiropractor help ease back pain issues? do you suggest yoga as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife went to a chiropractor in Barrie while she was pregnant with our second son. I obviously can't attest to it personally, but she said that it helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here I found a really wonderful post. You are knocked nail on the head about Chiropractors servoces review. Chiropractors in Utah At The Joint we offer $19 adjustments and affordable chiropractic healthcare in American Fork, Utah. Walk-in Clinics and Extended hours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!