Thursday, January 19, 2012

Salt Lake City Cemetery Self-Guided Tour


Veterans Memorial
Salt Lake City Cemetery

Many of you ask about guided tours of the Salt Lake City Cemetery. While I am always willing to take a group on a tour of the cemetery and show you fun things I have discovered, I am not always available. I compiled a self-guided tour that you can do yourself. If you ever have any questions on it, you can always reach me at michelle@enjoyutah.org.

Below are the files you will need for the self-guided tour:

Driving Map
Download this map first. This will show you where you will be driving, and what areas you will be seeing. 

Detailed Map
This is a map of what graves you will see in what area. Each area is broken down so that you park your car, walk around that area, then drive to the next area.

Agenda
This is a more detailed account of what graves you are seeing, and more information about the people buried in the graves. If you follow along and see each grave in order, it will be an organized, easy way to see the cemetery. This is a work in progress, so I do not yet have all of the descriptions on the agenda, but will update as I add more. 

Scavenger Hunt For Kids
Here is a scavenger hunt to keep your kids entertained while you wander the cemetery. 


Guided Tour:
If you are interested in scheduling me for a free self-guided tour of the Salt Lake City Cemetery, you can contact me at michelle@enjoyutah.org

Read more about the Salt Lake City Cemetery: Utah's Hidden Jewel!

16 comments:

  1. About how long would the hike be if one walked the whole thing rather than driving it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, it takes about 2 hours to do the tour if you drive it. Depending on the size and walking speed of your group (most of the walking is uphill) I would plan about 5 or so hours. To walk from the entrance to the very top part of the tour where "The Sundance Kid" is, without stopping to see any graves, would take about half an hour (estimaTing)? I have been asked that question a lot so this Summer I will try to walk it and time it. I suggest taking a quick drive up there one day to get an idea of how large the area is before deciding to walk it. It WOULD be a beautiful Spring AcTivity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your reply, it's helpful! We need to do a hike for a young women camp, and I thought this could be a fun and interesting way to do it. I live in Tooele but if I'm able to come to SLC I will drive it and see. I need to know the distance anyway. Thank you for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A guided City Break with an HF Holidays' leader is the ideal way to explore Rome's capital city, otherwise known as the 'Eternal City'. rome tours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many of you ask about guided tours of the Salt Lake City Cemetery. While I am always willing to take a group on a tour of the cemetery and show you fun things I have discovered, rio las vegas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luxury holidays from Kuoni are handpicked and tailor made for those seeking luxury travel. private jet charter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post ! Its nice to see..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!